A baby Asian elephant in Thailand is warming hearts as a video of her first birthday celebration has recently gone viral.
Pyi Mai: On Nov. 22, animal rights activist and world traveler Brittany Vacca uploaded a TikTok of a baby elephant named Pyi Mai celebrating her birthday at the Elephant Nature Park (ENP) in Chiang Mai, Thailand.
@brittanyvaccaPyi Mai 1st birthday ##animaltok ##elephants ##elephant ##elephantlover ##elephanttok ##babyanimals ##babyelephant ##animallover ##animalsoftiktok ##animallover♬ original sound – Brittany Vacca
- The video, which has garnered over 1.3 million views as of this writing, shows Pyi Mai running toward her surprise banquet of rice and fruit along with her herd while being serenaded with the “Happy Birthday” song.
- The baby elephant can be seen playing with her food before picking it up with her trunk.
- The ENP also shared a compilation video of Pyi Mai playing on their official Facebook page.
- “Yesterday, 22 November 2021, Pyi Mai celebrated her 1st birthday. This beautiful life was born in a camp, but set free from that condition together with her mother. She has the joys of an unfettered life with a growing family and safe forever. What a blessing!” the caption of the celebratory post read.
- “We are grateful for your generous donations in honor of Pyi Mai’s Birthday. She will mature into a happy elephant with deep bonds of friendship here at ENP,” they added.
- In celebration of Pyi Mai’s birthday, Vacca also shared another video of the baby elephant on her birthday. According to Vacca, Pyi Mai is “so gentle and sweet and kind, and incredibly funny and charismatic.”