A daily dose of Asian America's essential stories, in under 5 minutes.
Get our collection of Asian America's most essential stories to your inbox daily for free.
Unsure? Check out our Newsletter Archive.
- Pokémon Wonder will open its doors on July 17 at a spot behind Yomiuriland, the largest amusement park in Tokyo. It will run until April 3, 2022.
- The park is situated on an actual 4,500-square-meter (48,400-square-foot) forest in Inagi, which has remained untouched for two decades, according to the park’s website.
- Made from organic materials, over 50 Pokémon figures are hidden and scattered around the park for the guests to discover.
- As the figures are not as colorful as their anime and plushie toy counterparts, they can blend well in nature and spotting them can be tricky.
- Parkgoers can take in the beauty of nature as they hunt for the Pokémon hidden in three different areas within the park.
- Participants are given 90 minutes to locate the figures in Wonder Field, Ancient Stone Wall and Whispering Bamboo Grove.