A man in Placentia, California is accused of killing his twin daughters before he allegedly took his own life.
Family tragedy: Identified as 41-year-old Timothy Takehara, the father reportedly stabbed his two daughters, both age 9, to death inside their house on Swanson Avenue, ABC7 reports.
- Both Takehara’s mother and his wife were at home at the time of the stabbing, according to the local authorities.
- The police said the mother and grandmother were asleep when the attack occurred, reported KNBC.
- Placentia police found the girls dead in the living room of the home, while their father’s body was located on a sidewalk across the street.
- The girls were third-grade students at Golden Elementary School.
- The gruesome incident is still under investigation.
Heartbreaking call: On Wednesday, the Placentia Police Department released the call the mother made to a 911 operator to report the stabbing.
- “My husband just stabbed my children,” the woman said, and then responded to the operator’s questions.
- Officers arrived at the scene at 12:38 a.m., where they found the victims’ bodies.
- In a statement, Police Chief Darin Lenyi expressed the department’s sorrow regarding the incident.
- “Our thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and their family and we will continue to investigate to try and make sense of this horrific crime,” Lenyo was quoted as saying.
- According to the Placentia police, officers responded to the same residence last year after a verbal argument between adults was reported there.
- No injuries were reported and no arrests were made at the time.