Filipino American singing sensation Olivia Rodrigo is celebrating another milestone in her life, reminding us all that she’s just getting started.
Achievement unlocked: The 18-year-old star, whose phenomenal rise this year is highlighted by record-breaking singles, took to Instagram on June 19 to let her followers know that she has officially graduated from high school.
- Rodrigo posted images of her wearing her cap and gown and a photo of a car with the words: “Just ‘Graditated!’”
- The singer received congratulatory comments from fans, with many acknowledging her accomplishments even before she finished high school.
View this post on Instagram
Multiple-hit wonder: While still enjoying a successful acting career, Rodrigo took the music scene by storm with the release of her debut single “Drivers License” in January, which went on to break multiple Spotify records, NextShark previously reported. It became the first song to hit around 80 million streams in 7 days.
- With the subsequent release of “Deja Vu” and “Good 4 U,” Rodrigo also became the first artist to debut their first three releases in the top 10 of the Hot 100.
- Rodrigo made her Saturday Night Live performance debut on the May 15 episode hosted by Keegan-Michael Key, where she performed two of her three recently released singles, according to Teen Vogue.
- Rodrigo released her debut studio album “Sour” on May 21 to critical acclaim and commercial success.
- The prolific songwriter also dropped a separate track titled “The Rose Song,” which appeared on the latest episode of her Disney+ show, “High School Musical: The Musical: The Series.”
Featured Image via Olivia Rodrigo