An Ohio man who confessed to buying sexually explicit photos of children from poor parents in the Philippines has been sentenced to 27 years in prison.
Charles Lee Frazier, a 42-year-old registered sex offender from Sidney, Ohio, was sentenced on Friday by a local court, reported the Associated Press
- Frazier was required to register as a sex offender in 2011 after being convicted for receiving child porn.
- The U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of Ohio said Frazier “pleaded guilty in March to attempting to produce child pornography.”
- Court documents revealed that Frazier solicited pornographic photos from Filipino women he communicated with online from April through July 2019.
Sickening details: In addition to sending child porn samples of what he preferred, Frazier admitted to talking with the women about violent acts, such as “killing infants during sexual assaults.”
- He reportedly sent $800 to one woman as payment for nude photos of a 7-year-old girl, according to the Southern District of Ohio U.S. Attorney’s Office.
- According to prosecutors, one of the women who received money from Frazier said she needed it to buy food.
The Philippines, which UNICEF
dubbed as “the global epicenter of the livestream sexual abuse trade” in 2016, saw a surge in online sexual exploitation of children amid the pandemic, according to the Commission on Human Rights
of the Philippines.