- The boyfriend of one of the women was defending her and her belongings but was pistol-whipped in the attempt.
- A Good Samaritan walking by reportedly rushed to the victims’ aid and struggled with the suspects. The unidentified robbers then pulled out a gun and fired two shots at him.
- The two suspects fled in a silver sedan, leaving the bystander and the pistol-whipped man behind.
- Both victims are expected to make a full recovery, KRON4 reported.
- “I could not believe it because, at that time — I believe it’s 2 p.m. — [the area] must have hundreds of people!” Barry Szeto, a Chinatown resident and property owner, told KPIX5.
- “Anyone walking down the street could be potentially a victim of crime,” Chan said. “When criminals are seeing there are no or very little consequences when they are committing crimes they will continue to do what they do.”
- Chan contacted the gunshot victim’s family and said they are “devastated and they need some time.”
A daily dose of Asian America's essential stories, in under 5 minutes.
Get our collection of Asian America's most essential stories to your inbox daily for free.
Unsure? Check out our Newsletter Archive.