NYPD’s Hate Crimes announced it is launching an investigation into an unidentified woman who assaulted another woman on Oct. 31.
Surveillance footage: According to police, the suspect shown in the video made anti-Asian remarks before punching a 26-year-old woman in the back of the head.
- The victim was walking down Hudson Street in the Soho area at around 3:30 p.m. that Sunday.
- After the unidentified woman punched the victim in the head, she left the scene on foot.
- The victim had an injury to the back of her head, but refused medical services, according to authorities.
- The NYPD released a surveillance image of the unidentified woman on Twitter on Nov. 5.
- No arrests have been made as of this writing.
- Police ask anyone with helpful information to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477).