Editor’s Note: The Asian American victim’s name has been redacted upon her request.
A man wanted for pulling out his genitals to touch an Asian American woman in New York City has been accused of sexual assault by three other people, two of whom were minors.
Fighting back: The victim, a 23-year-old college student, said she was sitting alone on a southbound 1 train around 11:35 a.m. on Aug. 30. As the train approached the 28th Street station, the suspect allegedly got close to her, took out his penis and touched her arm with it.
- The woman said she was on her way to school when the incident happened. “I felt him getting closer to me from my right, and when I looked, his penis was out and he touched my arm with it,” she recalled.
- The victim said she screamed and then confronted the man for his actions. She followed him outside the station, where he allegedly continued to ignore her and deny his actions by showing that his pants were actually on.
- Shortly after, the victim took photos of the man, which she later posted on Instagram. The confrontation allegedly turned physical when the man pushed her and threw her phone onto the ground, breaking it.
- The woman said she screamed the whole time, but no single person came to her aid. “I am upset that I tried standing up for myself and no one around me in the subway station tried helping,” she wrote, adding that they all “turned a blind eye.”
- The man managed to flee the scene. The victim has since reported the incident to police, who are now looking for the suspect.
Other victims: In her Instagram Stories, the Asian American woman revealed that three people reached out to her to accuse the same man of sexual assault. Two of them were minors.
- One of the victims, 17, was also able to take a photo of the suspect. In a direct message, she claimed that her assault occurred on June 20 while riding the train with her mother, sister and niece.
- “I had a weird vibe as soon as he sat next to me, since there were plenty of other seats to sit on,” the teen victim recalled. “From the corner of my eye I saw his hand shaking, and when I looked down, he was masturbating right next to me.”
- The youngster said she told her mother about it. Her mother then told her to take a photo of the man, but as soon as he noticed, he moved to another cart, covering his unbuttoned jeans “with a blue jean jacket.”
- Another teen contacted the Asian American woman to share her experience, which she said had occurred two years ago when she was 15. During the incident, the man allegedly pretended to be sleepy and kept putting his head on her shoulder.
- Moments later, the man “started putting his arm on my legs,” the teen victim said. She tried to move but the man allegedly held onto her. To make matters worse, she said this occurred while “a whole other guy was just watching this happen to me.” The incident ended with her pushing the man and running off the train.
Police believe the suspect is in his 30s, stands 5 feet and 11 inches (180.34 centimeters) to 6 feet (182.88 centimeters) and weighs about 180 pounds (81.65 kilograms). He was last seen wearing a red headwrap, a red checkered face mask, a black T-shirt, black cargo pants and black and tan boots.
Anyone with information is urged to call 1-800-577-TIPS (8477).
Featured Image via New York Police Department