A Chinese food delivery worker was hit in the head with a brick before being beaten up and robbed of his possessions by a pair of muggers in New York City late last month.
What happened: The victim, 53, was bringing his bike into a building on East 165th St. when the attack occurred at around 2:10 p.m. on Nov. 27, according to the New York Post.
- Surveillance footage shows the first suspect bashing the victim’s head from behind with a brick. The victim immediately lost balance and fell to the ground, reportedly losing consciousness.
- The second suspect kicked the victim in the face.
- The muggers then searched his pockets, tearing his pants in the process.
- A bystander can be seen standing nearby during the attack. After taking the victim’s phone and wallet, the suspects fled into 765 East 165th St., according to PIX11.
The aftermath: The victim was brought to Lincoln Medical Center, reportedly in stable condition. As of this writing, police are still looking for the suspects.
- The victim, whose head remained covered in bandages as of Thursday, told PIX11 that it was not his first time being attacked while working.
- He claimed to have previously delivered food in the same building before.
- Police believe the suspects are in their 20s. The first one was seen wearing a black hooded sweater, black pants, white sneakers and carrying a blue backpack. The second one was seen wearing a black and white hooded sweater, gray sweatpants, black sneakers and carrying a black and green backpack.
Featured Images via New York Police Department