“Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings” star Simu Liu is the new global brand ambassador for Canadian outerwear brand Nobis.
The same vision: On Oct. 13, Canadian luxury outerwear brand Nobis announced their global brand ambassadorship with Marvel’s Simu Liu in celebration of their 15th anniversary, according to a company press release.
- Nobis, Latin for “us,” is an Asian-Canadian-owned premium outerwear and accessory brand that was launched in 2007. According to their site, the brand “takes performance textiles and technological innovations for outerwear, footwear and accessories, and applies them to timeless silhouettes.”
- “To me, this new adventure with Nobis is personal — it has provided me with the chance to help continue to pave the way for those who are denied opportunity based on their ethnicity, in ways that bring their voices and stories to the forefront,” Liu shared. “I truly stand behind Nobis and the notion of defying society’s parameters through fashion.”
Winter campaign: Included in the brand’s announcement was the release of a campaign video titled “Simu Liu | Nobis 15th Anniversary Winter Campaign.”
- “This new partnership between Simu Liu and Nobis represents the pursuit of excellence, discovering your own opportunities, and unapologetically pursuing your passions, an ethos that Nobis continues to live by, through innovation, performance, and impeccable style,” the company wrote in the caption of their winter campaign video.
- “Over the last 15 years, Nobis has pushed the boundaries of excellence with it’s innovative approach to highly adaptable, fashion forward performance apparel, as such we are extremely honoured to be partnering with a beacon of excellence, change and diversity Simu Liu,” the brand’s founders Kevin Au-Yeung and Robin Yates stated.
- “His determination for diversification and influential strength is inspiring and embodies the Nobis ethos authentically and naturally for this incredibly special milestone,” they added.
Featured Image via @simuliu