- Indonesian singer-songwriter NIKI announced via Twitter on Tuesday that she tested positive for COVID-19.
- She will be pulling out of 88rising’s Head in the Clouds music festival this weekend as a result.
- Vietnamese American R&B artist Keshi has been added to Saturday’s lineup.
- The full list of set times for the festival’s performers was announced on social media on Tuesday.
- A livestream of the event will be available via the Amazon Music App, Amazon Prime Video and Amazon’s channel on Twitch.
- NIKI will embark on her first solo North American tour starting in Vancouver on Sept. 8.
Coming off the heels of the recent release of the album “Nicole,” Indonesian singer-songwriter NIKI tested positive for COVID-19 and had to pull out of 88rising’s Head in the Clouds music festival slated for this weekend.
The “High School in Jakarta” vocalist announced her withdrawal on Tuesday via Twitter. She apologized to her fans, writing, “I’m SO very sorry to disappoint, those of you who know me know i cannot STAND not following through with a commitment & and I was truly looking forward to putting on the best show for you all this year.”
💔 so sorry 💔 pic.twitter.com/aa5NGLOE4K
— NIKI (@nikizefanya) August 17, 2022
88rising reposted NIKI’s tweet and shared that “she is resting and on her way to recovery!” To make up for NIKI’s absence, Vietnamese American artist Keshi has been added to Saturday’s lineup. His set will take place between 8:40 p.m. and 9:15 p.m. Joji’s DJ persona, Yebi Labs, will take over NIKI’s original slot between 10:05 p.m. and 10:55 p.m. Following that, he will perform some live songs.
A full list of set times for the festival’s performers was shared on Tuesday on social media.
Very few tickets remain at https://t.co/03NobhaicB
See you soon ❤️ pic.twitter.com/qHKlvTOY73
— 88rising (@88rising) August 17, 2022
It was also announced that a livestream of the event will be available via the Amazon Music App, Amazon Prime Video and Amazon’s channel on Twitch.
88rising’s Head in the Clouds festival will take place on Aug. 20 and Aug. 21 at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, California. The event’s lineup includes artists such as Rich Brian, Jackson Wang, CHUNG HA, Jay Park, MILLI, Tiger JK and BIBI.
This is the first major live festival set from 88rising since “Head in the Clouds Forever” at Coachella in April.
Although NIKI cannot perform at this weekend’s Head in the Clouds festival, she will be well enough to perform live during her first North American solo tour starting in Vancouver on Sept. 8.