- Netflix announced on Wednesday that its new thriller K-drama titled “Gyeongseong Creature” will be streamed globally.
- The streaming giant also announced that South Korean actor and model Claudia Kim will join the show’s cast.
- An official release date has yet to be announced, but the series is scheduled to premiere sometime in 2023.
- “Gyeongseong Creature” follows two young adults who work together in the spring of 1945 to unravel a mystery and fight a monstrous creature.
- The show’s two protagonists will be played by Netflix veterans Park Seo-joon and Han So-hee.
Netflix announced on Wednesday that its highly anticipated thriller K-drama “Gyeongseong Creature” will be streamed globally and include South Korean actor and model Claudia Kim.
The new series is set in the spring of 1945, which is when Seoul was still known as Gyeongseong under Japanese colonial rule. The show’s plot will follow protagonists Jang Tae-sang and Yun Chae-ok, two young adults who unravel a mystery and fight a monstrous creature. Sang is the wealthiest man in Gyeongseong and knows how to get by in the world with his social skills. Yun, who is a bit of a survivor, searches for missing people, motivated by the disappearance of her mother 10 years prior. She is proficient in using machinery, knives and guns.
As confirmed back in January, Park Seo-joon – best known for his roles in Netflix’s “Itaewon Class” and “What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim,” as well as films such as “Parasite” and the upcoming Marvel project “The Marvels” – will play Jang. Han So-hee, known for her lead roles in the hit Netflix series “Nevertheless” and “My Name,” will play Yun.
Rounding out the cast is Kim, who was made globally famous after appearing on-screen in films such as “Avengers: Age of Ultron,” “Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald” and the Netflix series “Marco Polo.
Kim will play the character Maeda, the wife of an important official whose family has control over the city of Gyeongseong. The screenplay of the upcoming series was written by Kang Eun-kyung, whose credits include 2013’s “Gu Family Book” and 2016’s “Dr. Romantic,” among others. Jung Dong-yoon, who has previously worked on the 2019 series “Hot Stove League,” is tapped to direct.
“Gyeongseong Creature” is scheduled to premiere sometime in 2023.