- A new teaser trailer for the Korean crime-thriller drama “Narco-Saints” features a star-studded cast, including Ha Jung-woo, Hwang Jung-min and Netflix alum Park Hae-soo.
- “Narco-Saints” is based on the real-life events of a civilian entrepreneur named Kang In-gu (Ha), who has no choice but to go undercover in a government operation to catch Jeon Yo-hwan (Hwang), the powerful drug lord who has taken control of Suriname.
- The upcoming series will be the first time Ha and Hwang — two of South Korea’s highest-grossing movie stars — have worked together, though they have individually starred in the series’ director Yoon Jong-bin’s previous hit movies.
- Yoon is breaking new grounds for this upcoming series, his first collaboration with Netflix, having only directed films in the past.
- The series will be available for streaming on Netflix on Sept. 9.
Ha Jung-woo and Hwang Jung-min lead the star-studded cast featured in the new teaser trailer for the upcoming Korean crime-thriller drama “Narco-Saints.” The series also stars Park Hae-soo in his third Netflix original following “Squid Game” and “Money Heist: Korea – Joint Economic Area.”
“Narco-Saints” — previously titled “Suriname” and “The Accidental Narco” before the latest was finalized — is based on the real-life events of a civilian entrepreneur who has no choice but to go undercover in a government operation to catch a powerful drug lord who has taken control of Suriname.
Ha Jung-woo takes on the role of Kang In-gu, the entrepreneur who seeks out a profitable venture in Suriname only to find himself involved in a drug smuggling operation. Hwang Jung-min stars opposite Ha as the drug lord Jeon Yo-hwan, who stays under the radar as a pastor.
The two are some of South Korea’s highest-grossing movie stars, whose projects are said to guarantee box office success. While “Narco-Saints” is the first time Ha and Hwang are joining forces, they’ve previously worked individually alongside the show’s renowned director Yoon Jong-bin in his hit movies “Nameless Gangster: Rules of the Time” and “The Spy Gone North,” respectively.
Yoon is breaking new grounds for this upcoming series, having only directed films in the past. It is also his first time collaborating with Netflix.
“Narco-Saints” also stars Park Hae-soo as Choi Chang-ho, a National Intelligence Service agent who recruits Kang In-gu into the operation to catch Jeon Yo-hwan. Jo Woo-jin takes on the role of Jeon Yo-hwan’s right-hand man Byun Ki-Tae, while Yoo Yeon-seok plays the cartel’s lawyer David Park.
The series will be available for streaming on Netflix on Sept. 9.
Catch the new teaser trailer for the series below:
Featured Image via Netflix