- Every member of K-pop boy group Monsta X except for I.M renewed their exclusive contracts with Starship Entertainment.
- I.M will reportedly continue to participate in the group’s activities.
- Members Shownu, Minhyuk, Kihyun and Hyungwon were the first to renew back in May.
- The six-member group will headline Nickelodeon’s first music festival, Nickfest, in October at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, California.
- Last month, the group released “Late Night Feels,” their newest English-language single in collaboration with producer Sam Feldt.
Starship Entertainment announced on Monsta X’s online fan cafe that five of the group’s six members have renewed their exclusive contracts.
Member I.M did not renew his contract, but he will reportedly continue to participate in the group’s activities.
A statement from the South Korean label reads: “Starship Entertainment recently renewed contracts with five of our agency artist MONSTA X’s members Shownu, Minhyuk, Kihyun, Hyungwon and Jooheon. As all six members still have unchanging affection for MONSTA X and MONBEBE, we have come to a mutual agreement for I.M to continue together for future group activities. Based on the loyalty and trust we have built up with each other, we will put in our full effort for the members’ future activities to shine even brighter. We promise to provide full and systematic support.”
Starship Entertainment then thanked I.M for his time in the group, saying: “We have had sincere discussions with I.M, but our exclusive contract with him will unfortunately come to an end. We express deep gratitude for I.M’s hard work, efforts, and devotion over the years. We will cheer on and support I.M’s future activities and his new path.”
Members Shownu, Minhyuk, Kihyun and Hyungwon were the first to renew back in May.
The six-member group is slated to headline Nickfest, Nickelodeon’s inaugural music festival, in October alongside The Kid Laroi. Other artists such as Tiffany Day and Beabadoobee will perform as well.
Last month, the K-pop act joined forces with producer Sam Feldt on the English-language single “Late Night Feels.” The song’s music video stars TikToker Leenda Dong and actor and content creator Alan Chow.