A man in China was arrested for disturbing traffic after he dropped paper money from his apartment window into the busy streets below.
Making it rain: The 29-year-old man was allegedly high on methamphetamine when he started dropping banknotes from the 30th floor of a building in Chongqing, China on Oct. 17, The Guardian reported.
- The unnamed suspect, who reportedly took drugs, was “in a trance” during the stunt, according to authorities.
- Footage of money raining down from the building emerged on local media, generating over half a million views across platforms.
- In the video, drivers can be seen leaving their vehicles in the middle of the road to join pedestrians in trying to catch some free cash.
- The incident caused traffic to stop completely.
Not everyone was amused: Local authorities responded to a complaint over the disturbance and arrested the man over drug charges.
- In a statement, the police revealed the man is receiving treatment as the case remains under investigation.
- It was not revealed in the reports how much money was thrown by the man.
- Similar cases of people disturbing traffic after throwing away money have been reported in China in the past.
Feature Image via 日橋在线