- Yeoh stars as Evelyn Wang, a woman thrust across parallel universes with a mission to take on a “great evil.”
- After being flung across an office via a rolling chair, Wang’s universe cracks, transporting her into different dimensions.
- As she moves through alternate versions of herself (chef, celebrity and kung fu master), she is apparently able to use their skills and access their memories.
- She then comes across a version of her husband who informs her that she needs to put an end to an evil force wreaking havoc throughout the multiverse.
- The film’s star-studded cast includes Harry Shum Jr. (“Shadowhunters”), Stephanie Hsu (“Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings”), Ke Huy Quan (“The Goonies”), James Hong (“Blade Runner”) and Jamie Lee Curtis (“Halloween”).
- Yeoh, who recently starred in Marvel Studios’ “Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings,” took to Instagram to share her excitement: “Cannot wait our family reunion and EEAO world premiere at @sxsw. What an amazing journey.”
- The film was helmed by filmmaking team Daniel Kwan and Daniel Scheinert, the directing duo behind the 2016 surreal comedy-drama film “Swiss Army Man.” They share producing credits with Jonathan Wang, The Russo Brothers’ AGBO and A24.
- Kwan shared his excitement for the film on Twitter: “So much love to our incredible cast and crew … Can’t wait for you all to see the film.”
A daily dose of Asian America's essential stories, in under 5 minutes.
Get our collection of Asian America's most essential stories to your inbox daily for free.
Unsure? Check out our Newsletter Archive.