Awkwafina celebrated the upcoming premiere of “Awkwafina is Nora from Queens” by throwing the first pitch at the Mets game on Sunday.
- She threw it out to her dad because he is a “devoted lifelong Mets fan.”
- Citi Field displayed an advertisement during the game for “Awkwafina is Nora from Queens.”
- One user commented on Instagram that she has a “better arm than 50 Cent.”
View this post on Instagram
The show: Season 2 of “Awkwafina is Nora from Queens” will premiere on Aug. 18 at 10 p.m. on Comedy Central.
- BD Wong recently announced the show would be his directorial debut with Awkwafina and Teresa Hsiao as co-creators.
- The plot is based on Awkwafina’s childhood and follows the life of her character Nora Lin.
- The teaser trailer for Season 2 features the family sitting on a couch sharing a quiet moment when Nora’s grandmother passes gas and blames it on the plastic chair.
Featured Image via @Mets