12 Gifts For Your Matcha-Obsessed Friend This Christmas
Matcha lattes have been all the rage lately, with the beverage taking over cafe chains all over the world.
Matcha, which can literally be translated to “powdered tea,” is harvested from high-quality tea leaves and offers more health benefits as it involves ingesting the actual leaves, unlike the average cuppa.
Matcha has been said to boost metabolism, which can help with weight loss, and slow or even halt the production of cancer cells. And compared to a cup of coffee, which can leave you jittery, the caffeine in a cup of matcha releases at a slower pace, leaving you alert but still calm.
It’s no wonder this tea has become the new trendiest flavor in cafes and bakeries worldwide. If you’re shopping for a matcha aficionado this Christmas, here are 12 matcha-themed products they are sure to love.
1. This fresh-smelling matcha candle with hints of Japanese satsumas.
2. This acne-fighting, pore-cleaning matcha mud mask.
3. These socks to show just how “matcha” you love someone.
4. These miracle matcha moisturizing sticks that rejuvenate dry spots, protect your skin and help with dark undereye circles.
5. These nostalgic White Rabbit candies with a matcha twist.
6. This matcha spread that is supposedly the green tea version of Nutella.
7. This body and facial scrub with naturally-occurring energizing properties to promote smooth skin.
8. This matcha honey to elevate your breakfast waffles or iced tea.
9. This matcha tea set because who wouldn’t want to wake up to a cup of CHOCOLATE matcha?
10. This authentic bamboo tea-making set to make a perfect traditional cup of matcha.
11. This blooming green tea set that tastes as great as it looks.
12. If all else fails, let Amazon take care of everything and just get a pre-made matcha-themed care package full of chocolates and biscuits.
Feature Image (right) via Getty
Editor’s Note: NextShark may get a cut of the sales if you purchase anything above. We gotta keep the lights on here somehow.
Support our Journalism with a Contribution
Many people might not know this, but despite our large and loyal following which we are immensely grateful for, NextShark is still a small bootstrapped startup that runs on no outside funding or loans.
Everything you see today is built on the backs of warriors who have sacrificed opportunities to help give Asians all over the world a bigger voice.
However, we still face many trials and tribulations in our industry, from figuring out the most sustainable business model for independent media companies to facing the current COVID-19 pandemic decimating advertising revenues across the board.
We hope you consider making a contribution so we can continue to provide you with quality content that informs, educates and inspires the Asian community.
Even a $1 contribution goes a long way. Thank you for everyone’s support. We love you all and can’t appreciate you guys enough.