Marvel Studios released the first teaser trailer for its highly anticipated film, “Eternals,” on Monday.
What it’s about: The studio’s upcoming film will introduce fans to a new team of superheroes.
- According to Marvel, this group consists of “ancient aliens who have been living on Earth in secret for thousands of years.”
- The film, which is set after “Avengers: Endgame,” will follow the Eternals as they “reunite against mankind’s most ancient enemy, the Deviants.”
Who’s involved: “Eternals” is directed by Chinese Oscar-winning director Chloé Zhao.
- Zhao received praise for her inclusive casting, according to Variety.
- The film’s star-studded cast includes actors such as Gemma Chan (“Crazy Rich Asians”), Kumail Nanjiani (“The Big Sick”), Ma Dong-seok (“Train to Busan”), Salma Hayek (“Bliss”), Kit Harington (“Game of Thrones”) and Tyree Henry (“Atlanta”).
- “I think a lot of people are going to feel seen and that’s important and that’s what matters,” Hayek said about “Eternals” during an interview with Variety. “It’s not diverse for the sake of being diverse. It’s the way she chose every single one of us that really creates a family for the purpose of the Eternals. For the purpose of the film. It doesn’t feel forced.”
“Eternals” is scheduled for release in theaters on Nov. 5.
Featured Image via Marvel Entertainment