- Pacquiao is the second Filipino to have a Madame Tussauds wax figure after Miss Universe 2015 Pia Wurtzbach, whose waxwork was first presented in 2019.
- Pacquiao’s wax figure is on display in a makeshift boxing ring, donning full fighting attire that the boxer-turned-politician donated to the museum.
- The incumbent Philippine senator, who is now running for president after retiring from boxing in September, said he is delighted with how his figure turned out.
- “I am amazed at the final product. It looks so much like me. I am excited for my fans to see this and get to take pictures. It’s like being together in the boxing ring,” Pacquaio said in a statement.
A daily dose of Asian America's essential stories, in under 5 minutes.
Get our collection of Asian America's most essential stories to your inbox daily for free.
Unsure? Check out our Newsletter Archive.
- “Pacman fans will be delighted to see our take on Manny Pacquiao at Madame Tussauds Hong Kong,” Mak said. “From the attire, the physical features and details, and even the setup, it will be like watching the boxing star in action.”
- According to Mak, the museum exerts significant effort in making the wax figures look as lifelike as possible.
- “Our team is proud to launch such an iconic athlete at Madame Tussauds and we can’t wait for Pacquiao’s Filipino and global fans to see him in action at Madame Tussauds Hong Kong,” Mak added.