Chinese Man Gets Swallowed By A Sinkhole In His Own Bedroom

Chinese Man Gets Swallowed By A Sinkhole In His Own Bedroom
Editorial Staff
September 6, 2016
A guy in China was swallowed by a giant sinkhole right in his bedroom last week.
It’s one of those unfortunate things that happen: he was about to help himself to some grilled meat when the 10-foot deep sinkhole, sucked him in.
The accident took place on September 1 at his family’s home in Xi’an, northwest of China’s Shaanxi province, People’s Daily Online reported. He was brought to the hospital after sustaining several cuts.
The house is owned by a Mr. Du, who also happened to be his uncle.
The unidentified victim was found at the site by Mr. Du’s sister, who descended the hole through a ladder to get her nephew out.
Mr. Du said water was leaking from a pipeline down in the sinkhole which was presumed to have caused the accident. To prevent further collapses, the hole was filled in and residents were evacuated from the house, Daily Mail said.
According to South China Morning Post, accidents are primarily caused by poor standards of construction. One person commented over Weibo:
“Another tofu-dreg construction. There’s not even any reinforcing bars.”
Last month, a sinkhole that started as a road crack in Zhengzhou swallowed four people and three vehicles.
Share this Article
Web Link
© 2024 NextShark, Inc. All rights reserved.