A son who was abducted 38 years ago was recently reunited with his now elderly parents in China.
The abduction: Jin Shui was only 2 when he was kidnapped from his home in a remote village in Shaanxi Province in 1982, according to MailOnline.
- It was the morning of May 12, 1982, when Jin Shui’s mother, Huang Renxiu, realized he was gone after her daughter woke her up at night to use the bathroom.
- His father, Su Bingde was reportedly visiting a relative when the abduction happened.
- According to local reports, Su did not lock the doors to his home, thinking he would return soon.
- However, the father was not able to return home that night, leaving an opportunity for the abductor to enter their house.
- Huang was shocked to discover the next morning that their son suddenly disappeared.
- Huang and her husband spent the day looking for their son with the help of some villagers. The family would then spend the next few years looking for their missing boy.
- Traveling on foot to save money, Su tried to find any information about his son’s abduction in nearby towns and cities.
- With her heartbroken, Huang eventually developed mental issues over the years.
- The investigation launched by local authorities into Jin Shui’s disappearance provided nothing due to limited information and the couple’s remote location.
The reunion: Su and Huang, who are now in their 70s, were notified by police on Tuesday that they had found Jin Shui after comparing DNA samples in the national database.
- In an interview earlier this year, Su had nearly given up and already started saving money for his funeral.
- “I don’t want to trouble the family. I’ve sorted it out myself. My one last wish is to see my son Jin Shui once again,” he was quoted as saying.
- Jin Shui is now a 40-year-old man known by the name Li Guolin.
- Li is living in Hebei Province with a wife and two sons.
- On Sept. 17, Li met his long lost parents, nearly four decades after they were separated.
- In the video of their reunion, they can all be seen in tears as they hugged each other.
- “I had waited for this day for 38 years. I didn’t think I would also meet my grandsons!” Su said.
- Li and his parents returned to their old village and gathered friends and relatives for a feast to celebrate the reunion.