- Moonbyul and Solar dropped their first single “Better” as the MAMAMOO subunit MAMAMOO+ on Tuesday.
- “Better” features South Korean rapper and songwriter BIG Naughty.
- MAMAMOO+ is the first subunit for the RBW Entertainment girl group.
- MAMAMOO’s members – Moonbyul, Solar, Wheein and Hwasa – have all released solo projects this year.
- They are currently working on a studio album together as well as a commemorative concert for their eighth anniversary as a group.
MAMAMOO’s first-ever subunit, MAMAMOO+, made their debut with the single “Better” on Tuesday.
“Better” features South Korean rapper and songwriter BIG Naughty.
The members of MAMAMOO have primarily been focused on their solo endeavors this year. Moonbyul released her single album “C.I.T.T (Cheese in the Trap)” in April and her EP “6equence” in January. Solar dropped her solo EP “容: Face,” led by the title track “Honey,” in March.
Meanwhile, Hwasa released the collaboration single “Somebody!” featuring Loco in July. She was also featured in PSY’s ninth album “PSY 9th” in April. Wheein, who left longtime label RBW Entertainment last year, is still part of the quartet and has released a few solo projects, including her solo album “WHEE,” led by the title track “Make Me Happy,” in January.
In June, RBW Entertainment announced that MAMAMOO are prepping for a studio album together and will have a commemorative concert for their eighth anniversary as a group.
Featured Image via RBW Entertainment