Chinese Family Brutally Assaulted in Their Home By ‘Delivery Man’ in Broad Daylight
A man who left members of a Chinese family bleeding, unconscious and utterly terrified in a violent daylight robbery in suburban England is now being hunted by local police.
The incident, which was caught on surveillance footage, took place at the family’s home in Luton, Bedfordshire after 10:30 a.m. on Sept. 2.
Ahead of the attack, the man, who wore a high-visibility vest, reportedly delivered a parcel, but whether the family had been expecting it is unclear.
A 14-year-old girl reportedly answered the door before being punched and dragged along the hall.
After hearing her screams, her 61-year-old grandmother rushed out of the living room to help but was knocked unconscious and dragged too.
Finally, the girl’s 27-year-old aunt emerged from upstairs, but only to be thumped.
The victims, who wish to remain anonymous, posted the video in hopes of identifying and finding the attacker, who fled the scene with a satellite TV decoder, a Wii console and another games console.
“My niece is only 14,” the girl’s aunt told The Sun. “She was very badly hurt. It was one really strong punch.”
According to the woman, her niece sustained fractured bones, while her mother suffered internal bleeding.
“He does not take anything valuable, he just hurt them. He was brutal. We want to let people know to be on guard against men pretending to be delivery drivers.”
The girl’s father, who posted the video on Facebook, pleaded for help.
“Please, please help me. Share this please. My daughter may lose her eye and my mum is going to have head surgery.”
The burglar, who allegedly spoke broken English, is believed to have an East European accent.
The father told the Daily Mail, “I don’t want to give the names. It was my house and the guy is still on the run. I am at the hospital with my mother and sister. I don’t want to say anything else.”
In a statement on Facebook, Bedfordshire Police confirmed receiving a robbery report in Luton around 10:40 a.m. on Sept. 2, which resulted in three people sustaining significant injuries.
“The level of violence displayed during this incident was truly shocking, and we continue to pursue a number of lines of enquiry, whilst supporting the victims and their family,” said Detective Inspector Natalie Fletcher. “We’d like to hear from anyone who has been offered these items for sale, or who may have found them discarded, since Monday.”
Police are now working with several European agencies to locate the man, whom they believe to have traveled out of the U.K.
“The offender posed as a courier to gain access to the home, and we were quickly able to establish that this person is not, or has ever been, employed by the company he pretended to be working for. Neither does he have any connection to that business,” Fletcher added.
Images via Facebook
NextShark is a leading source covering Asian American News and Asian News including business, culture, entertainment, politics, tech and lifestyle.