Not to be outdone by Hermès, Louis Vuitton has unveiled its own mahjong set in Taiwan during its Savoir Faire Universe showcase.
View this post on Instagram
Limited edition: Elle Taiwan posted a video on Instagram, showing the mahjong tiles encased in a pull-out trunk, stamped in the brand’s signature monogram design.
- The limited-edition mahjong sets feature tiles made of jade and engraved with different characters.
- The “one bamboo” tile is also designed with the blue magpie, Taiwan’s national bird.
- In comparison, the Hermès set’s tiles are made of palisander wood and printed on soft calfskin.
- LV reportedly made only 10 of the mahjong sets available in Taiwan, according to Elle Taiwan.
For Crazy Rich Aunties: Each LV mahjong set reportedly costs 2.3 million New Taiwan dollars ($80,196), nearly twice the price of the $41,000 Hermès’ set, according to Mothership.
- “Savoir Faire Universe Showcase” is an exclusive type of traveling art exhibition allowing those with an appointment to view.
- Other LV products featured in the showcase include a foosball table, a dollhouse, a cosmetic case, and a tea box.
Feature Image via Elle Taiwan