Blackpink fans, also known as Blinks, have flooded Twitter with the hashtag #YGLetLisaDoHerWork because of their belief that Blackpink member Lisa is being discriminated against by her agency.
Fashion week: Despite breaking records in the U.S. and in South Korea, YG Entertainment, the agency that Blackpink belongs to, is being accused by fans of improperly promoting Thai member Lisa as well as restricting her public appearances.
- Lisa’s solo debut, which was released Sept. 10, broke records in South Korea by having the highest first-week sales on the Hanteo charts, which surpassed Blackpink’s record, NextShark previously reported.
- Even though her songs “Lalisa” and “Money” were a hit in South Korea, her company only had her promote the song by doing two performances on Korean music shows. Most K-pop idols perform their title tracks on music shows during the first week, but Lisa didn’t appear until a week later.
- Fans have also pointed out that they felt Lisa was always dressed worse than her girl group co-members, who are all Korean.
- The most recent incident that has driven fans over the edge was YG not letting Lisa attend fashion shows in Paris, France, according to South China Morning Post.
- The CEO of Italian luxury fashion brand Bulgari, Jean-Christophe Babin, took to Instagram to reveal that brand ambassador Lisa was unable to attend their fashion show.
- He wrote, “Our great ambassador @lalalalisa_m is in Europe. Unfortunately due to COVID, her Agency prefers her not participating [in] events or shows.” He also mentioned that she also was unable to do a photoshoot with actor Zendaya and models Lily Aldridge and Vittoria Ceretti in Milan for the same reason.
- Blackpink members Jisoo, Rosé and Jennie have all been able to attend their brand commitments in Paris, Pinkvilla reported.
View this post on Instagram
Reactions: Blinks are demanding that YG Entertainment give an explanation for why they have stopped Lisa’s appearances due to COVID-19, but not the other members’.
The game will not stop until there are no results and legitimate explanations from YG. Because YG eats on Lisa’s sweat and treats her unfairly, we need to protect and restore Lisa’s justice💪💪#YGLetLisadoHerWork#YGTalkToUs#BeFairToLISA pic.twitter.com/nFSsgEMmdV
— LiLiLi (@Lililiiii_10) October 7, 2021
Why is Black pink’s Lisa still being mistreated by YG entertainment? Because she’s a Thai and not Korean? Oh common what kind of Entertainment of that I’m so sick about it🙄#YGLetLisadoHerWork pic.twitter.com/XC54EFmMfE
— Namjoonbtsforever (@Namjoonbtsfore1) October 7, 2021
10 years of effort and dedication, is what she has endured worth it? What’s next for our girl?
— Amy Nguyen (@sydneyjohansson) October 7, 2021
WE WON’T STOP. WE WON’T BE SILENT. WE WON’T BE BLIND. WE WILL CONTINUE UNTIL WE SEE THE CHANGE.
— Liiilisa (@lalalalisa01) October 7, 2021
— Hana (@KimQuyn53406704) October 7, 2021
#YGLetLisadoHerWork #YGLetLisadoHerWork #YGLetLisadoHerWork others idol during earlier debut,their company send them to talkshow/varietyshow,but YG choose REALMEN 300 for lisa,one of the TOUGHTEST tvshow in SK,lisa got injured in her leg.
JUSTICE FOR LISA
LISA DESERVES BETTER pic.twitter.com/TiUMDWjmhv
— ♡ (@1rm23) October 7, 2021
Featured Image via BLACKPINK