Editor’s Note: This article has been updated to specify the location of the incident. The alleged physical assault did not occur inside The Shops at Crystals, but right outside its doors after the family had exited and the woman came up from behind them.
A woman has been accused of punching a 6-year-old Asian boy while hurling racial slurs at him and his mother in Las Vegas this week.
What you need to know: The physical assault allegedly occurred right after the family had exited The Shops at Crystals — an upscale mall located in the CityCenter complex — and headed onto a walkway.
- Tiktok user @uhmmajo managed to film part of the alleged attack, which shows the woman having an unhinged meltdown. The video was filmed inside The Shops at Crystals.
- At one point, the woman can be heard yelling “China,” but it’s unclear what exactly she was trying to say.
- “This woman attacked my son. She punched my 6-year-old while yelling racist, anti-Asian things,” @uhmmajo wrote.
- The woman eventually ends her tirade while picking up belongings scattered on the floor. The video ends with a mall security personnel approaching the scene and escorting her away.
@uhmmajoI hope the cops picked her up. Mall security just let her go. Yes, we are pressing charges. ##crystalsmall ##arialasvegas ##fyp ##assault♬ original sound – JC
The aftermath: @uhmmajo says mall security just let the woman go. It’s unclear whether her child needed treatment following the incident.
- @uhmmajo says her family will be pressing charges. She also warned others to stay safe, because “it’s not safe anywhere.”
- The video was reposted on Twitter, where it has also gone viral. Many users condemned the woman for her alleged actions, while some suspected that she could be mentally ill or under the influence of drugs.
NextShark has reached out to @uhmmajo, who confirmed the incident’s location.
Featured Image via @uhmmajo