- Tiktok user @uhmmajo managed to film part of the alleged attack, which shows the woman having an unhinged meltdown. The video was filmed inside The Shops at Crystals.
- At one point, the woman can be heard yelling “China,” but it’s unclear what exactly she was trying to say.
- “This woman attacked my son. She punched my 6-year-old while yelling racist, anti-Asian things,” @uhmmajo wrote.
- The woman eventually ends her tirade while picking up belongings scattered on the floor. The video ends with a mall security personnel approaching the scene and escorting her away.
A daily dose of Asian America's essential stories, in under 5 minutes.
Get our collection of Asian America's most essential stories to your inbox daily for free.
Unsure? Check out our Newsletter Archive.
- @uhmmajo says her family will be pressing charges. She also warned others to stay safe, because “it’s not safe anywhere.”
- The video was reposted on Twitter, where it has also gone viral. Many users condemned the woman for her alleged actions, while some suspected that she could be mentally ill or under the influence of drugs.