A GoFundMe page was created for a Filipino mother of three who passed away during childbirth in Lakewood, Calif.
What happened: MariCris Morales Delgado “tragically lost her life while bringing her beautiful new baby boy Mylo, into this world,” according to the GoFundMe page.
- The beloved mother left behind her husband Jessie Delago and three sons Jaxson, 7, Ziggy, 4, and newborn baby Mylo.
- “Mc was my beloved friend, more like a sister and we’re just so grateful that everyone has been so supportive,” Delgado’s friend Stephanie Ho told NextShark.
GoFundMe Page: The GoFundMe page was created by Ho on June 28.
- The memorial page has currently raised more than $70,000 towards the $100,000 goal as of this writing.
- Delgado’s family and friends hope “to raise enough to help ease the burden of covering the memorial service expenses as well as support for a grieving father and his 3 beautiful boys.”
- Ho also shared the poem “A Silent Tear” by Gaynor Llewellyn on the memorial page, which discusses death as a “place that’s filled with love” and “known to you all as ‘up above.'”
Featured Image via Nola Fontanez