Nov. 28, Monday
OnlyOneOf member Mill is the latest in the group to release a single. “Beat” is the title track for his single album “undergrOund idOl #5.”
NIEL of boy group TEEN TOP dropped music videos for “A to Z” and “In Your Space,” two tracks off his third mini-album “A to Z.”
Nov. 29, Tuesday
K-pop icons KARA made their long-awaited return for their 15th anniversary album “Move Again,” led by the title track “When I Move.” All five members — Park Gyuri, Han Seung-yeon, Nicole, Kang Ji-young, Hur Young-ji — were involved in writing lyrics for the album. The “When I Move” music video notably begins with an empty sixth chair and ends with six microphones, possibly in honor of former Kara member Goo Hara, who died of suicide in 2019.
Nov. 30, Wednesday
Boy group P1Harmony marked their third release of the year with their newest EP “Harmony: Set In,” led by the title track “Back Down.” Members Intak and Jongseob helped write the lyrics for the album, while Jiung helped pen “Better Together.”
Dec. 1, Thursday
BIBI has released the fifth and final music video, “Blade,” of her debut studio-length album “Noir: Lowlife Princess.” She previously released videos for “Animal Farm,” “Sweet Sorrow of Mother,” “MotoSpeed24” and “JOTTO.”
Dec. 2, Friday
JYP Entertainment girl group NiziU released their fourth single, “Blue Moon.”
Things I’m Stanning: While I have my qualms about how rigged music award shows are in general, they have been the stage for some iconic performances. The MAMA Awards brought together five all-star fourth-generation girl groups together on one stage: LE SSERAFIM, IVE, NewJeans, Kep1er and NMIXX performed TWICE’s “Cheer Up.” That is 32 idols singing and dancing together for one song. The choice to perform an important song from a third-generation girl group felt like the passing of a torch. This performance declared to everyone that we are squarely in generation four — and the future is bright.
Other K-pop news:
- Rookie girl group IVE won Best Song of the Year for “Love Dive” at the 2022 Melon Music Awards.
- AOMG has announced an Asia tour with the likes of Simon Dominic, Lee Hi, Loco and more.
- SM Entertainment founder and CEO Lee Soo-man will be the focus of a new documentary from Prime Video.
- SM Entertainment will also set up their Southeast Asia headquarters in Singapore.
- The 2022 MAMA Awards saw four girl groups all win “Favorite New Artist.”
- BLACKPINK will release episodic video content for a new series called “BORN PINK MEMORIES,” or “B.P.M.” for short.
- K-pop artist Kevin Woo and his fellow cast members are calling out a New York Times review of “KPOP” the musical, alleging racism.
- Power couple HyunA and DAWN have called off their engagement.
- Rolling Stone listed BTS, BLACKPINK and NewJeans in their 100 Best Albums list.