Karen Gillan wants to act again with her “Selfie” co-star John Cho in a short spinoff of the show.
“Selfie” reunion: In an interview with Refinery 29 on July 15, Gillan said that it would “be cool to revisit” the ABC comedy sitcom as a “one off thing” or a “shorter thing” as opposed to a full-blown series.
- The interviewer stated that they should “get John Cho on the phone and make this happen.”
- In response, Gillan thought the idea was “great,” said they get along “really well” and that Cho was “such a nice guy.”
- Gillan was also surprised that she received constant tweets from people saying they missed the show since there were only 12 or 13 episodes.
About the show: “Selfie,” released in 2014, was a “wildly misunderstood romantic comedy sitcom” that followed Eliza Dooley (Gillan) and Henry Higgs (Cho), according to Mashable.
- Gillan and Cho’s roles were inspired by and named after the main characters from “My Fair Lady.”
- The show was canceled after seven episodes and the last six episodes were available to stream on Hulu. The final episode aired on Dec. 30, 2014.
- Cho’s role as Henry Higgins made him the first Asian American leading man in a romantic sitcom, reported Salon.
Reactions to the cancellation: Several Twitter users were upset over the show’s cancellation and not being able to see Cho and Gillan together on screen anymore.
- One user commented “please #saveselfie” because she was mesmerized by Cho and Gillan’s “amazing chemistry.”
- “THE WORLD HAS ROBBED ME OF SELFIE AND JOHN CHO AND KAREN GILLAN MAKING OUT!!!!! NEVER FORGIVE!!! NEVER FORGET!!!!!” tweeted a fan.
- Commenters also wrote that they “deserved more than one season of John Cho grappling with emotions as Karen Gillan charmed the hell out of him.”
Featured Image thales the philosopher