Actor Karen Fukuhara was presented with the IMDb “Fan Favorite” STARmeter Award.
The award: The IMDb STARmeter Awards are given to “fan-favorite entertainers” and winners are determined by the annual number of page views, according to CBR.
- Fukuhara won for her role as Kimiko Miyashiro in the Amazon Prime series “The Boys.”
- In the video, she thanks her fans and says she is happy to accept the award because IMDb is the first place she visits to research films and television shows.
- “The Boys” also won the top award for IMDb’s Most Popular TV Show of 2020, reports ET Canada.
- “I really look up to Sandra Oh,” the actor said while accepting the award. “I first saw Sandra in ‘Princess Diaries’ and now she’s in ‘Killing Eve’ and it’s one of my favorite, favorite shows on television right now.”
The show: “The Boys” is a superhero show that premiered in 2019 on Amazon Prime.
- The show is based on “The Boys” comic book series of the same name written by Garth Ennis and Darick Robertson and was originally published by DC Comics.
- It follows a vigilante group that exposes corrupt superheroes abusing their powers.
- Fukuhara says in the video she can’t share much about the upcoming season but says it will have “lots of blood and lots of heart.”
Featured Image via IMDb