Korean Canadian singer-songwriter Junny announced his first-ever North American tour, “The ‘Blanc’ Tour” today, named after his upcoming album.
A press release from Unbound Entertainment Group shared Junny’s tour will consist of 11 stops across the U.S. and Canada.
- September 4 in Los Angeles | 1720
- September 5 in San Francisco | The Midway
- September 7 in Seattle | The Crocodile
- September 8 in Vancouver | Harbour Event & Convention Centre
- September 9 in Calgary | MacEwan Ballroom
- September 11 in Dallas | Trees Dallas
- September 12 in Houston | Last Concert Cafe
- September 13 in Atlanta | Center Stage
- September 14 in Toronto | The Opera House
- September 15 in Brooklyn | The Monarch Brooklyn
- September 16 in Montreal | Le National
Junny debuted in 2017 with the single “Thank You” and would go onto release a debut EP “Monochrome” that same year. Since then, he has released numerous singles and EPs garnering fans such as IU, NCT and EXO’s Baekhyun, Kai and Suho. BTS’ Jungkook also sang Junny’s song “By My Side” during a livestream.
The soloist also has several notable collaborators: Punchnello on the 2019 track “Trust” off the EP “Vivid, Pt. 2,” Kid Milli in 2020’s track “New Girl,” Youha in “Sober” and Jay B with “Fame.” Most recently, he collaborated with pH-1 for “Get Ya!” in May and Chungha for “Color Me” in June. He has also contributed OST songs “Edge” and “I Will” for 2020 K-drama “It’s Okay to be Sensitive” and “Alone” for the 2021 drama “The Witch’s Diner.”
Junny’s journey is that of a Vancouver immigrant who at age 4 would routinely upload songs to YouTube and SoundCloud before pursuing music fully with a move back to South Korea at age 23.
Feature Image via Unbound Entertainment Group