The official Instagram account of Louis Vuitton recently posted a photo of its newest global ambassador, “Squid Game” breakout star Jung Ho-yeon.
Global ambassador in the works: Prior to her debut in “Squid Game,” the 27-year-old actor started her career as a model at the age of 16, NextShark previously reported.
- In 2016, Jung joined season four of “Korea’s Next Top Model” and became one of the runners-up.
- She was then featured in top fashion magazines such as Vogue Girl Korea, Nylon Korea and ELLE Wedding, Paper Magazine reported.
- The rising star also walked for shows such as Marc Jacobs, Alberta Ferretti, Fendi and Louis Vuitton. She first walked the runway for Louis Vuitton in its 2017 spring ready-to-wear collection, and participated in its pre-fall collection campaign later that same year, Soompi noted.
View this post on Instagram
New Chapter: After garnering success and attention due to the hit K-drama “Squid Game,” Jung now begins a new chapter with Louis Vuitton.
- The luxury brand’s recent Instagram post, which was shared on Oct. 6, first announced her new role: “Ho Yeon Jung joins as new Global House Ambassador for Fashion, Watches and Jewelry.”
- Last week, Jung became the most-followed female Korean actor on Instagram, going from 410,000 followers to 15 million in barely three weeks, as NextShark previously reported.
- Louis Vuitton Artistic Director of Women’s collections Nicolas Ghesquière shared, “I immediately fell for Ho Yeon’s outstanding talents and fantastic personality. I’m excited for the new chapter in her journey with Louis Vuitton.”
- “It is an honor to mark my beginnings as an actress with Louis Vuitton after having worked with them as a model,” Jung said. “I’m looking forward to every moment I will experience with Louis Vuitton as their global ambassador.”