Popular anime “JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure” welcomes its new season with a new opening.
Stone Ocean: The Warner Bros. Japan Anime released a new opening credit for the upcoming fifth season of “JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure” on their official YouTube channel on Nov. 28. The intro has already gone viral with nearly 6 million views as of this writing.
- The anime “JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Stone Ocean” is based on the sixth story arc of Hirohiko Araki’s manga of the same title.
- Tokyo-based animation studio Kamikaze Douga, which was responsible for the eccentric anime’s previous four opening sequences, created the newest opening. Kamikaze is known as a “half-breed studio” given its unique blend of CG production with traditional 2D Cel animation. The creators used colorful computer graphics along with camera swing effects to showcase the anime’s prison setting before jumping into flashy action scenes.
- The opening video features the song “Stone Ocean” by Kishida Kyoudan & The Akeboshi Rockets’ vocalist Ichigo.
The trailer: Netflix previously released the official trailer for “JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Stone Ocean” on its official YouTube channel on Aug. 8.
- Its description reads: “When Jolyne Cujoh and her boyfriend get in an accident while out on a drive, she is framed for the crime and sentenced to 15 years in prison. Will she ever be free from this prison — this stone ocean? The final battle in the century-spanning, intertwining fate of the Joestar family and DIO begins!”
- This season is set in Florida in 2011 and follows the “Stardust Crusaders’” Jotaro Kujo’s daughter, Jolyne Cujoh, who is locked in Green Dolphin Street Jail after being framed for murder. She receives a pendant from her father, which happens to unlock her “Stand,” or the visual manifestation of her innate power.
- As the trailer reveals, Jolyne tries to escape the maximum “Stone Ocean” prison along with her allies.
The anime is set to premiere worldwide on Dec. 1 on Netflix.
Featured Image via Warner Bros. Japan Anime