A daily dose of Asian America's essential stories, in under 5 minutes.
Get our collection of Asian America's most essential stories to your inbox daily for free.
Unsure? Check out our Newsletter Archive.
- The movie is set for release on May 27, 2022. Production will begin this summer in France, Germany and Japan, according to Deadline.
- Chad Stahelski will be directing and producing the movie alongside Reeves and Louise Rosner as executive producers. Shay Hatten and Michael Finch will be writing the screenplay. Other producers include Basil Iwanyk and Erica Lee.
- Stahleski stated that he is “thrilled” Sanada is joining the cast and is “honored to welcome him to the ‘John Wick’ family.” He also revealed that he admires Sanada as an actor and action performer.
- He was recently cast as one of the leads in the new FX series “Shogun” and will join Brad Pitt in the cast of “Bullet Train.”
- Sanada is represented by CAA, Lighthouse Entertainment and Axon Entertainment, which is based in Tokyo.