Members of ARMY — fans of the K-pop supergroup BTS — are expressing their appreciation for member Jimin’s recent donation to polio patients.
Secret donation: Jimin donated 100 million Korean won ($85,170) to the Rotary District 3590 in July, Soompi reported.
- Jimin reportedly made the donation under his dad’s name to a fundraising campaign aimed at creating polio vaccines.
- All donations will be unveiled on World Polio Day, an annual event observed on Oct. 24. Rotary International established the celebration to commemorate virologist Jonas Salk, who developed one of the first successful polio vaccines.
- Jimin has made multiple donations in the past, including to his former school Busan High School of Arts, the Busan Metropolitan Office of Education and the Jeonnam Future Education Foundation.
ARMYs find out: News of Jimin’s donation emerged only after a fan noticed a banner posted by Gosung Rotary Club thanking the BTS member, according to BollywoodLife.
- Fans have now taken to social media to celebrate Jimin’s gesture.
- One user noted how Jimin trying to keep it a secret shows his sincerity.
Jimin donated 100M krw for polio patients secretly in July.
I love how all the members donate money or essential things to the needy ppl secretly. This shows there sincerity towards the donations. I’m really proud to stan a group like BTS💜 pic.twitter.com/rqY6NleInu
— Nush⁷ | My Universe soon🌌 (@NUSH_0613) September 21, 2021
- Another user called the artist “the sweetest angel” for the deed.
I just heard abt jimin’s donation to a rotary club that fights polio
he’s literally the sweetest angel :(( pic.twitter.com/ROZf8Z9z64
— fel⁷⋆ (@pjminieluvz) September 21, 2021
- According to one fan, Jimin must have a “heart of gold” for keeping the donation a secret.
jimin secretly donating to polio eradication without letting anyone know about it before polio day is very precious because to make such donations in secret, someone should have a heart of gold. he’s rich and successful with a heart of an angel i sometimes can’t believe he’s real
— liv 리브 ☆ 국민 (@eboyskookmin) September 21, 2021
— Mehak Bisht (@MehakBisht12) September 21, 2021
Jimin sobre su donación a Rotary international para erradicar la Poliomielitis:
🐥 “Con los esfuerzos de muchas personas, incluido Rotary, se acerca el día en que la epidemia de la polio será erradicada del planeta. Yo doné con el deseo de participar en esta tarea histórica + pic.twitter.com/apLG0ZPVlB
— JIMIN INFO¹³ (@PJM_INFO) September 22, 2021
#JIMIN delivered his donations to Rotary and explained the reason for his donation
🐥 with the efforts of the Rotary and many other people, the epidemic ‘polio’ is nearing the end in this world. i donated with the desire to participate in these historical tasks so that + pic.twitter.com/vHs2Mc0QGK
— 서린 ☾ 🐢 (@kseorin_b71) September 22, 2021
Featured Image via HYPE LABELS