- Jiho is departing K-pop girl group Oh My Girl after seven years, after having decided not to renew her contract.
- All six other members of the group under WM Entertainment have renewed their respective contracts.
- Jiho shared a heartfelt, handwritten letter to fans (collectively referred to as Miracle) on the group’s fan cafe to express her thanks and gratitude.
- Oh My Girl debuted in 2015 with a self-titled album. Their most recent release “Real Love” comes off their second studio-length album of the same name.
- The group recently celebrated their seventh anniversary since their debut on April 30.
Jiho is departing K-pop girl group Oh My Girl after seven years after having decided not to renew her contract with WM Entertainment.
WM Entertainment released a statement yesterday confirming the news. All six other members — Hyojung, Mimi, Arin, YooA, Seunghee and Yubin (formerly known as Binnie) — however, have renewed their contracts.
Jiho shared a personal, handwritten letter to the group’s fan cafe to address their fandom (known as Miracles). She begins by mentioning, “I will be supporting Oh My Girl’s promotions as a member of Miracle and not as a member of Oh My Girl.”
The singer goes on to share her gratitude towards the fandom.
“I really want to say thank you to Miracle for creating such miracle-like moments in my life. Thanks to you all, I was able to grow and be happy for the past seven years. I hope that happiness was also conveyed to Miracle.”
The pop star also hinted at some future projects.
“Although I can’t yet share details about my future endeavors, I will promise you one thing. No matter what I do in the future, I will work hard and repay you with a good image. Let’s support [Oh My Girl] together in the future!”
[Trans] Jiho’s handwritten letter for Miracles.
“I will be cheering for the future activities of OH MY GIRL not as a member but as a MIRACLE”
Thank you Jiho, we love you so much💖 pic.twitter.com/lsMPIUL3jA
— mint | 🐶🐯 (@ultsyewon) May 9, 2022
Jiho is the second member of Oh My Girl to depart the group, following JinE, who left in 2017 following a year of halted activity because of health issues.
Oh My Girl debuted in 2015 with their self-titled mini-album and track “Cupid” before making it past the infamous seven-year curse faced by many other K-pop groups who break up. The group has released popular hits like “Dolphin,” “Nonstop,” “Secret Garden” and “Dun Dun Dance.” Their most recent release, their second studio-length album “Real Love,” dropped in March, just before the group celebrated its seventh anniversary since their debut on April 30.
Feature Image via Oh My Girl / Youtube