- Supporting the claim that Trump won the 2020 election, participants were seen carrying American flags, Japanese rising sun flags, as well as South Korean national flags.
- Some carried signs that proclaimed “East Asia Love Trump” and “Japan stands with Trump.”
A daily dose of Asian America's essential stories, in under 5 minutes.
Get our collection of Asian America's most essential stories to your inbox daily for free.
Unsure? Check out our Newsletter Archive.
- Observers say Trump’s growing base in Japan is due to his supposed “Anti-China” position.
- Pro-Trump supporters began to emerge in November 2020 shortly after the president’s loss to Joe Biden.
- On Nov. 25, around 200 protesters marched from Hibiya Park to Ginza chanting slogans.
- According to Philippine Ambassador to the United States Jose Manuel “Babe” Romualdez, some Filipinos traveled from different states to go to Washington, D.C., Rappler reports.
- In San Jose’s Little Saigon, a much peaceful “stop the steal” protest was organized by mostly Vietnamese Americans known as the “Vietnamese Movement for Trump,” reports NBC.
- Meanwhile, Asian American legislators have condemned Trump for inciting the riot on the Capitol building, as NextShark earlier reported.