“The Good Place” actor Jameela Jamil officially confirmed on Twitter that she will be joining the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU).
The role: Jamil posted a video on Twitter on July 16 stating that she is “so excited” about her role as the villain Titania in the upcoming “She-Hulk” series.
- “I can’t believe I get to say this but…fighting my way through the MCU, coming to you in 2022!” wrote the star.
- In the video, Jamil showed off her fight training and ended the video by posting a picture of herself as a toddler.
- It is rumored that her character will be throwing down against her co-star Tatiana Maslany, according to Uproxx.
- “Fists of Fury, Jabs of Jameela, Eye of the Tiger!! Congratulations, I can’t wait! #VillainsForTheWin,” tweeted one user.
- Another commenter from Bangladesh said “seeing more South Asian representation is filling my heart.”
- “SO EXCITED TO HAVE YOU ON THE MCU MORE DESI REP LET’S GOO,” exclaimed one person.
- A fan wrote that she was going to “melt into a puddle of excitement” when she sees clips of Jamil and Maslany together.
About the show: The show will premiere on Disney+ in 2022 and Marvel Studio’s head Kevin Feige revealed it would be a “half-hour legal comedy.”
- “The Incredible Hulk” villain and Abomination will reportedly appear in “She-Hulk.”
- Maslany is set to play the Jennifer Walters, also known as She-Hulk, reported Cinema Blend.
- Mark Ruffalo will be reprising his character as The Incredible Hulk and Bruce Banner. “Hamilton” actor Renée Elise Goldsberry will play Amelia.
Featured Image via Jameela Jamil