A daily dose of Asian America's essential stories, in under 5 minutes.
Get our collection of Asian America's most essential stories to your inbox daily for free.
Unsure? Check out our Newsletter Archive.
- His mother is half Filipino and from Ilocos Sur, according to Rappler.
- NBA Sixth Man of the Year Jordan Clarkson and former Golden State Warrior Raymond Townsend are the other two NBA players with Filipino heritage.
- The Houston Rockets general manager, Rafael Stone, referred to Green as a “transcendent athlete” and an “extraordinarily exciting prospect.”
- “I love the Philippines. They show love and support. I’m just happy I get to represent them…I hope they’re excited,” Green told ESPN.
- Green gave up going to college in order to join the G-League, the NBA’s official minor league, Forbes previously announced.
- He has won three gold medals at the FIBA World Cup and the FIBA Americas Championship, according to his USA Basketball profile.
- He was also named the 2020 Sports Illustrated All-America Player of the Year.
- Green previously visited the Philippines and played with the best high school ballers in the country as a member of the NBTC’s Fil-Am Select team.