- He’s American name Jackson was based on Michael Jackson, a singer he adores, BroBible reports.
- He is listed as 5 feet 9 inches (1.75 meters) and 220 pounds (100 kilograms) and plays as a running back.
- The 22-year-old athlete is considered the only known Chinese national currently playing at the FBS level.
- In his Sun Devils profile, He is described as a “physical and smart athlete” who learned the game quickly after having only started “playing football five years ago.”
A daily dose of Asian America's essential stories, in under 5 minutes.
Get our collection of Asian America's most essential stories to your inbox daily for free.
Unsure? Check out our Newsletter Archive.
- He’s first collegiate football experience was with the University of Jamestown in North Dakota, which signed him in 2016.
- When he returned home to China in 2018, he also got to play for the Foshan Tigers in the American Football League of China, according to South China Morning Post.
- With his aim to play at a Division I school, He eventually enrolled at ASU for the 2019-20 academic year upon his return to the U.S.
- While initially apprehensive about him playing due to concerns about his safety, He’s parents eventually became supportive of him.
- “They told me not to be too aggressive,” He explained in an interview with AZ Family. “When I finish a run, I do some, not extra stuff, but swagger stuff. They tell me not to do that, it’s too aggressive. Chinese culture, they want to be more humble and stuff. Not like (America).”
- He reportedly broke down into tears after receiving his jersey with his name written in Chinese earlier this week.