After 56 years of working in the film industry with 200 movies under his belt and numerous injuries, Jackie Chan has finally been praised for his badassery at the 89th Academy Awards on Sunday.
In a Facebook post about the award, Chan wrote: “I‘d like to say a heartfelt thank you to the Oscars for giving me this award of encouragement and recognizing my achievements while I’m still ‘young.’ I’m absolutely honored to be the first Chinese in history to receive this award.”
But Chan’s antics at the Oscars Sunday night proves why the martial arts legend was the real Oscars MVP and so, as Tom Hanks put it, “Chan-tastic.”
1. He brought two stuffed panda bears as Oscar dates
“I’m the ambassador of [the] panda,” Chan told Ryan Seacrest on the red carpet, adding that he did it to show support for the animals. “After earthquake, they get hurt and I raise them. I have two pandas in China, my own. They go wherever I go.”
2. His electric claps to Justin Timberlake’s opening performance of the hit single “Can’t Stop the Feeling.”
3. He reunited with his “Rush Hour” co-star Chris Tucker, and it got everybody hyped up for a fourth installment of the action comedy, which is reportedly in the works 20 years after the first one was released.
4. He had an adorable reunion on the red carpet with “The Karate Kid” remake co-star Taraji P. Henson (a.k.a. Cookie Lyon from FOX’s “Empire”), whose film “Hidden Figures” was nominated for Best Picture.
5. He was spotted hanging out with Best Actor nominee for “Hacksaw Ridge” (and not Spider-Man) Andrew Garfield on the red carpet.
6. He and Rolling Stones frontman Mick Jagger were photographed together at the 2017 Vanity Fair Oscar Party in Beverly Hills, California.
Never change and never go away Jack Chan.