A daily dose of Asian America's essential stories, in under 5 minutes.
Get our collection of Asian America's most essential stories to your inbox daily for free.
Unsure? Check out our Newsletter Archive.
- “Crazy” is ITZY’s second entry on Billboard’s Top Album Sales chart as their “Guess Who” EP also made the list back in May, peaking at No. 23.
- Of the 22,000 units sold, physical album sales for “Crazy” comprise 21,000 (all from CD sales), and 1,000 sold via digital download.
- The album also debuted at No. 1 on Billboard’s World Albums and Independent Albums categories.
- “Crazy” also landed at No. 11 on the Billboard 200, which is a far cry from what “Guess Who” achieved in May when it debuted at No. 148 on the same chart, reported Soompi.
- In true K-pop release tradition, ITZY’s CD edition was issued in multiple different collectible packages.
- With its entry at No. 1, ITZY’s album replaces another K-pop album — “Sticker: The 3rd Album” from NCT 127 dropped to No. 2 in its second week.
- As of this writing, the music video for the album’s first single and title track, “LOCO,” has been viewed over 72 million times since it premiered on Sept. 24.
- Hanteo Chart, Korea’s music chart that keeps track of record sales in real-time, reported that ITZY’s album “Crazy In Love” sold over 259,700 copies in first week sales.
- The figure ranks the album as the fourth highest first-week album sales among all K-pop girl groups.