- According to Manis, the man grabbed the masks, threw them away and started yelling racial slurs at her.
- “Mind your own business, ch**k! Get out of this train, you Chinese, go back home to your dirty country,” the man allegedly shouted.
- The man failed an attempt to grab her bag, but then the woman next to him started physically hurting her.
- She tried to call 911, but the man also snatched her mobile phone.
- In an interview with a Philippine radio show, Manis revealed that many passengers appreciate the masks she hands them, “except for this recent incident.”
- The incident remains under investigation, according to GMA News.
- She has performed Mindanao’s classical and tribal dances and other Filipino dances solo and with Kinding Sindaw throughout the Philippines, the Middle East, Hong Kong and the U.S.
A daily dose of Asian America's essential stories, in under 5 minutes.
Get our collection of Asian America's most essential stories to your inbox daily for free.
Unsure? Check out our Newsletter Archive.