Dramatic rescue of a truck being pulled out of a gorge by around 100 people in India was captured on film and is now circulating on social media.
In a village in Nagaland (not yet identified) the entire community pulls up a truck which fell off the road with ropes & the spirit of unity!
More information awaited! As received on WhatsApp! pic.twitter.com/B0joxEPEKU
— Mmhonlumo Kikon (@MmhonlumoKikon) January 10, 2021
A feat of unity: Villagers from the mountainous state of Nagaland used ropes, vines and bamboo to keep the truck from falling further into the nearly 70-foot-deep valley, reports Indian Express.
- The driver of the truck lost control and fell into the narrow valley near the village of Kutsapo in the Phek district.
- Villagers responded immediately, working together to bring the truck back to the road.
- Rescuers can even be heard singing together in the now-viral videos, which have racked up over 1 million views.
- Social media users attribute the success of the operation to the villagers’ spirit of unity.
The IndomitableHumanSpirit ! A prayer to Almighty &it’s all team work.This video from interior #Nagaland exemplifies&showcases the strong social bonds that is so deep rooted in #Naga society. What a way to celebrate our rich cultural heritage!@mygovindia @PMOIndia @MyGovNagaland pic.twitter.com/y78breTf1I
— abu metha (@abumetha) January 10, 2021
Around 100 locals show up: Men from the village who were “fit and not sick” heeded the cry for help, Kutsapo Village Council chairman Zashevezo Rhakho told EastMojo.
- According to Rhakho, the number of villagers was necessary due to the lack of heavy machinery in the remote village.
- The truck, which carried eight passengers, fell a few feet at a turning point.
- Narrating how they managed to pull off the rescue, Rhakho explained: “We tied ropes to the truck and built steps with bamboo to prevent the truck from skidding down when we pulled it. We cleared the areas where the tires will roll-up. That is how we managed to easily pull it off.”
Feature Image via Mmhonlumo Kikon