Huey Ha, known more popularly by his online persona name Huey Haha, has passed away at the age of 22 due to unknown reasons.
Gone too soon: The social media personality, who gained nearly half a million subscribers on YouTube for his humorous content, was found dead by medical personnel in his home in Sacramento, Calif., on Monday afternoon, reported The US Sun.
- The first responders who were called to Ha’s home attempted to save him but failed to do so.
- The cause of death is still unconfirmed as the incident remains under investigation by a coroner. Ha’s case is not being treated as suspicious, according to the authorities.
- Ha leaves behind his friends, his girlfriend Heather Saizon and their 2-year-old daughter Princess.
View this post on Instagram
Before his passing: Ha’s personal struggles with mental health issues made occasional appearances in his social media posts prior to his death.
- Ha, who grew up in Stockton, Calif., talked about his difficult childhood during a January interview with ShotBy Manzo.
- According to the rising social media star, his mother had a boyfriend who was physically and verbally abusive. He said that in their home with his four sisters and his brother, there was often “no food, no nothing.”
- He ended up in foster care at the age of 13, but he was kicked out of the two families who took him in due to marijuana use.
- In a September Instagram post, which featured him and his daughter, Ha wrote: “Wish I could be better for you.”
- He also posted his last tweet — “f*ck life” — before deactivating his account.
- Fans, friends and fellow content creators expressed sadness over Ha’s passing on social media.
- A GoFundMe campaign was recently launched to cover funeral costs and provide support to his daughter. The campaign has raised over $39,000 as of this writing.
Upon his death, Ha had 450,000 subscribers on YouTube and over 300,00 followers on Instagram. His TikTok account, which is no longer live, had 258,000 followers and videos that were viewed over 4.5 million times in total.
Featured Image via Huey Haha