Huey Ha, known more popularly by his online persona name Huey Haha, has passed away at the age of 22 due to unknown reasons.
Gone too soon:
The social media personality, who gained nearly half a million subscribers on YouTube for his humorous content, was found dead by medical personnel in his home in Sacramento, Calif., on Monday afternoon, reported The US Sun
- The first responders who were called to Ha’s home attempted to save him but failed to do so.
- The cause of death is still unconfirmed as the incident remains under investigation by a coroner. Ha’s case is not being treated as suspicious, according to the authorities.
- Ha leaves behind his friends, his girlfriend Heather Saizon and their 2-year-old daughter Princess.
Before his passing: Ha’s personal struggles with mental health issues made occasional appearances in his social media posts prior to his death.
- Ha, who grew up in Stockton, Calif., talked about his difficult childhood during a January interview with ShotBy Manzo.
- According to the rising social media star, his mother had a boyfriend who was physically and verbally abusive. He said that in their home with his four sisters and his brother, there was often “no food, no nothing.”
- He ended up in foster care at the age of 13, but he was kicked out of the two families who took him in due to marijuana use.
- In a September Instagram post, which featured him and his daughter, Ha wrote: “Wish I could be better for you.”
- He also posted his last tweet — “f*ck life” — before deactivating his account.
- Fans, friends and fellow content creators expressed sadness over Ha’s passing on social media.
- A GoFundMe campaign was recently launched to cover funeral costs and provide support to his daughter. The campaign has raised over $39,000 as of this writing.
Upon his death, Ha had 450,000 subscribers on YouTube
and over 300,00 followers on Instagram
. His TikTok account, which is no longer live, had 258,000 followers and videos that were viewed over 4.5 million times in total.