Editor’s Note: Tuna Eric Hirun is a venture capitalist based in Los Angeles. The opinions expressed in this piece are solely his own.
Whatever your financial definition of rich is, whether it’s high net worth or high income(or both since you’re greedy!), your mission, if you choose to accept, is to lock down one of those one million+ rich people the IRS actually knows about, to be your boyfriend or potentially marry you. (Fun Statistic: Out of the 140 million tax returns that are filed every year, about over 1 million makes an adjusted gross income of over $380,000 a year.) And don’t say you’re not into rich men, a study is proven here.
The general rule about money is that once you have it, you don’t really worry much about money anymore. And when you worry less about money, you get to fight more regarding all the other things that comes with being in a relationship! It just won’t be about money typically!This content will provide helpful insights into how single men who makes $200,000 income a year or more, or have a net worth of over $1 million dollars, thinks about women and marriage. Once you understand what rich men fear and hopes are, you are on your way to living the good life with that special rich someone!
WHAT DECENT RICH MEN THINK ABOUT
- Women who know what they want are the most attractive. Nothing turns a rich guy on like a strong woman who is successful in whatever she decides to pursue. The woman who goes for what she wants are the ones that gets our interest the most. Rich men are constantly searching for those who they can find their equal or superior. She doesn’t have to be rich at all. Rather, she’s typically talented in something that he’s not. It can also be in things that bring no financial gains whatsoever such as music, language, singing, dancing, cooking, art, event planning, sports, etc.
- Please don’t fucking waste my time. Although everyone has a finite amount of time on this planet, time is much more valuable to a rich person. Why? Because to a rich guy, money does not equal time nor does time equal money. A rich guy has too much money, but time is still limited just like everyone else. Rich guys have less patience for relationship games and long-term courtships. He needs to know quickly whether she wants him or not. If she wants to be in a weird place and goes off to date multiple men, he will cut her lose quickly. A rich man has no problem being a friendly suitor who meets up on random occasions. But there’s no way a confused or indecisive woman will ever snag herself a stable rich guy.
- Will she still love me if I had no money? Rich men understand that they are attracting more women then normal due to their wealth. A decent rich man doesn’t want to pay for companionship nor should he. As soon as the rich guy feels the only reason why a woman is asking a man out is so he can pay for dinner and entertainment, it’s game fucking over. Next.
- Will I find someone to share my money with? Seriously, there comes a time in every rich man’s life where he will realize it’s super pointless to continue making more money if there’s nobody to share it with or spend it on. If a woman doesn’t fit the criteria of his ideal woman, he probably wouldn’t mind playing sugar daddy as long as he enjoys her company. But make no mistake, he’s definitely looking for the one on the side.
- When am I going to lose all my money? Rich men pay attention to how other people lose their fortunes all the time. Given that rich men are paranoid about losing it all, they are very methodical in their personal finance. Rich men typically have at least 20% allocated to savings so that if things goes to shit, they can still live a very comfortable life. A woman who’s money smart or cares about personal finance is highly attractive. She can balance her checkbook? Super sexy.
- Is this all just a dream? Most rich men are self-made. They may had to study hard in school, or learned through street smarts, took some calculated risks, worked even harder on their ventures, never stop setting the bar high for themselves, and finally hit the jackpot. They know what it’s like to be poor or middle class because that’s where they have been most of their lives. They have made far more than they have imagined, and can’t believe their good fortunes. Rich guys are constantly aware that good times can’t last forever. In fact, they are paranoid that one day they will wake up to see everything they worked hard for all disappear. As a result, they set new goals and continue working; never taking anything for granted of what they have today. A woman who can make her rich man better is a keeper. It’s a dream come true for a rich man to have a woman who makes him better by being by his side, than if he was to go at it alone.
- Nobody is going to give me a handout. I earn this shit. Given most rich men are self-made, they strongly hate entitlement. The idea of socialism disgusts them. Capitalism all the way! Nothing is deserved which is not earned is the motto. Given this type of mentality, sometimes they get harsh on those who receive assistance from the government, friends, or family members. They are often viewed as selfish. It takes time to assuage such a a man to see another’s point of view as a result. Rich guys like seeing a woman that is independent or on her way to being financially independent through self-struggle.
- Why should I ever think about settling down? Rich men have a larger selection of women thanks to women being more accepting of rich men. I hate the number scale, but it’s easier to point this example: You will see 4s go out with 9s all the time and nobody bats an eye because it’s common in places like Los Angeles and New York. Given a rich man’s mental conditioning due to woman’s accepting it, he will assume he’s more handsome, more charismatic, more smarter, and funnier than he actually is. It doesn’t matter though that he’s wrong, because he will continue to get outsized attention from the ladies.
ADVICE TO THE WOMAN WHO WANTS A RICH GUY AS HER BOYFRIEND
- Be your own person. Do you. Thoroughly pursue your dreams and do not give up until you get there. It’s important to have your standards and keep it. If you always wanted to make it as a singer, don’t you dare leave Hollywood to be closer to a rich man who lives in Miami. If your dream job demands that you work long hours, go for it and don’t look back. The more you focus on what you want, the more the rich man will want you. He has the financial resources to be with you as you shoot for your dreams. So don’t sweat it, as he will be there alongside you as you’re pursuing your goals.
- Have a strong core of friends & family. It’s not the amount of friends that counts. You don’t need to have a lot of friends. A couple core friends or few will do. Develop your own world and invite him in. He will be glad to be a part of it. There will be times where he can’t entertain you due to his ventures, & you will have friends to have dinner or go to shows with.
- Be great at something he is not. Singing, dancing, writing, designing, planning, or cooking are some of things that most men don’t do well in. If you master just one of these or another amazing skill, you will gain a ton of admiration.
- Take care of yourself and pamper yourself. Because rich guys have a much wider selection, they tend to gravitate towards better looking and fitter women generally. There’s a big fear that most men think about: Once he marries a woman, she will then proceed to let herself go and chop her hair off. Don’t let your man fear such a thing by eating right, working out, and taking time out to take care of yourself. When a rich man gets invited by his woman to join her at the gym, deep down inside, he’s grinning from ear to ear.
- Show interest in his business. Be supportive. A rich guy wants to marry a woman who cares about where their money is going and coming in from. After all, he just spent majority of his life working on a career or business venture that made him rich. It’s great to understand what he does for a living and check in on him and be supportive. There’s always some new deal or venture that he would love to talk and share about. Rich men always think that business talk will bore their women to death so they don’t mention anything related. Take interest in the source of his wealth and you will go farther than any other woman he has ever encountered.
- Be a lower high maintenance woman. High maintenance woman generally gets a bad rep. They take forever to get ready, stuck to their phone like glue, love to take selfies and pictures of themselves, and never met a mirror they didn’t like. The flip side is that they generally look really good. A rich guy loves having a beautiful woman on his arm. He feels proud to call her his girl as people check her out. If she can turn it down a notch, it would be awesome. Offering to pay once in awhile goes a long way. Same with simply saying “thank you”.
- Loyalty is rare. Be Loyal and you will stand out above the rest. I will leave it toDJ Khaled since he said it best: “You smart. You loyal. You’re grateful. I appreciate that. Go buy your momma a house.”
- Develop interests separate to his and listen more. Having interests that are different from his makes you very intriguing in his eyes. It allows you both to have different things to talk about, due to leading separate but very connected lives together. A rich guy will admire you for who you are and your interests. Invite him into your interests. Lastly, listen more. Find out about his day as he does the same for you. Be the woman where he can share anything with confidently.
- Let your rich guy take care of you. Don’t be a feminist. Be feminine. We get that you are all about being miss independent and never got anything handed to you. You don’t need a man at all, and you can do just fine by yourself. But maybe that’s why you’re still by yourself, single, and getting older. Just because you can do it alone doesn’t mean you can’t let the rich guy take care of it. Let him feel wanted by letting him take care of you. Same can be said in reverse. He loves it when you take care of him too.
Seriously though, if you haven’t found someone wealthy, don’t even think about it. Millions of successful relationships are perfectly happy without being wealthy. Life with someone you care about is a million times better than coming home to an empty bed.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This article is meant to cause controversy. It’s half-joke & half-serious. There’s a lot of truth to it which is why I think it’s super hilarious. Also it’s one of those taboo topics that no one wants to talk about publicly.
This post was originally published on tunafishy.com