A laundromat employee in Houston has been charged with assault after firing multiple gunshots at a man who allegedly injured the employee’s mother after trespassing.
What happened: Corey Laine, 25, reportedly entered the Fuqua Washateria at the 11000 block of Fuqua Street without permission on Dec. 21.
- After Robert M. Le, 31, asked Laine to leave the laundromat, the alleged trespasser reportedly attempted to flee and ended up knocking down Le’s mother, according to KPRC2.
- Le allegedly took out a gun and shot at Laine several times.
- Laine was hit in the shoulder and abdomen while fleeing, KHOU reported.
The aftermath: Le’s mother sustained a minor injury, and Laine was moved to the hospital where he was in stable condition.
- Le remained at the laundromat for questioning. He was subsequently arrested and then charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. Court records show he posted a $40,000 bond, as per the Houston Chronicle.
- Laine has reportedly not been charged for the incident.
The case remains under investigation.